Booking a meeting
1. Managing leads - Log a new inquiry in Streak by creating a new Box in the Events & Meetings Pipeline -
- Create a new Box for each new meeting inquiry, even if it is a past client (if Chris Hoyt books two meetings, create two boxes called Chris Hoyt. We will fill in the name of the individual meeting later.
- Add box to the Meetings & Events Pipeline
- Fill in as much information in the new Box as possible (Start date, company, email, headcount etc)
2. Booking - When a client is ready to book, complete the following steps:
- Send invoice Send an invoice via InvoiceNinja. Create the 50% deposit as a "partial" on the invoice.
- Change the Streak stage to "Invoice Sent"
- Create placeholder in YaRooms Create a tentative placeholder for the meeting in YaRoooms
- Naming convention for tentative external (non-member) meetings in YaRooms is T - [Client Name] - Headcount e.g. T - GE Consulting - 15pax. This lets our staff know that the meeting is not finalized.
- Send Confirmation: Once the deposit is paid, change the status of the meeting on Streak to "Booked - Deposit Paid" and give the meeting a unique name.
- Next, send them a canned email response Meeting Confirmation in GMail, updating the time, client name and details
- Finalize meeting in YaRooms Naming convention for finalized external (non-member) meetings in YaRooms is Prep - [Client Name] - Headcount e.g. Prep - GE Consulting - 15pax. This lets our staff know that the room will need to be prepped ahead of time.
- Add the client's email address to the list of invitees (in the Invite people field). This will send them an invite to the meeting.
- If possible, block out a 30 min bumper at the beginning of the meeting to prep the room (Name it the same thing but don't invite the client to this one :))
- Please refer to our Meeting Set-Up Guide
4. Post meeting
- Invoice for balance
- Send out reminder via Invoice Ninja to pay outstanding balance of invoice-editing invoice to include any items that the client may have added on (breakout rooms, extra hours etc.)
- Once paid, change status of meeting in Streak to "Completed - Balance Paid"
- Email Thank You - Send a thank you email to the client using the GMail canned response for meeting thank-yous. Make sure to edit it so it is addressed to them and the subject is personalized.
- Written Thank You - Send a handwritten thank you note to the client, including any follow up discount offers for repeat business (generally 15%).
- Once sent, record in streak under the "Thank you note sent " column
Thank you for reading this training document. Please direct any questions or update requests to email@example.com